This week we visited our local Library!
We even attended their preschool story hour.
I was so impressed with this program. Emma had a blast! During the singing part, she kept turning around to tell me how fun it was!
I don't know how, but Brooklyn slept through the entire thing!
Afterwards, we headed to the main area to get our little reader her very own library card!!!
Now there is a special place in her room to keep track of all her books.
***
We were super busy this week! In between our field trip and two play dates, we managed to get in some great activities.
FINE MOTOR SKILLS
Top Middle: Use a toy claw to pick up small blocks
Top Right: Arrange plastic flowers in foam block
Bottom Left: Trace letters
Bottom Right: Place tees in foam tray and balance a marble on each tee (idea from this BLOG)
***
I had a friend ask me if I had a designated area for work activities vs just free play.
All of her toys are in one room. So what works for us is placing 4 activities for the day that I think she might like to do in each of these corners outlined by the blue tape. Then I just let her choose what she wants.
This is great because she is not so overwhelmed with EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. that is available for her to play with. Instead, she can see her options and pick according to her interests that day.
And I can put Brooklyn in the middle and keep an eye on both of them. Once Emma finishes a project, she just moves to the next corner and continues her work.
***
SENSORY PLAY
Top LEFT: clean scratch pads
Bottom LEFT: Different types of fabric in an old Kleenex box
Top and Bottom MIDDLE: Floating feathers
Top and Bottom RIGHT: Easter eggs and grass in plastic bin
The floating feathers was definitely a favorite for both girls! They enjoyed laying underneath and watching them fall.
***
STOMP and CATCH
Idea came from this BLOG and being that Brian and I are both engineers, we couldn't resist making this!!!
Emma chose what color to paint the board and what fabric she wanted her bean bags made out of. Then we worked all afternoon getting all the supplies ready for when Brian got home, so he could assemble the board and pvc pipe.
Seriously. SO. MUCH. FUN.
I love the looks on both of their faces! I highly recommend this game. Cheap. Easy to make. And really fun.
***
Brook-Brook is getting so big these days. She's sitting in her high chair, eating rice cereal, squash, sweet potato puffs and giggling a lot when you hold her upside down.
Be sure to check in next week! Lots of fun Easter activities planned and possibly another trip to the zoo!





3 comments:
Great post! You are so creative!!
Love JP and fam
We love the Palmdale library! See you guys next week!
Hugs,
Kim and boys
What a fun mommy! I love the flower arranging idea, gonna steal it. Your girls are getting so big and so adorable! Can't wait to see what fun things you have planned for next week.
Kerri
Post a Comment