E.B. White you sure do know how to spin a wonderful adventure from your web of the English language.
We are well into Charlotte's Web and I'm not sure who is enjoying it more, me or Emma!
To go along with the story, we've made some crafts.
Wilbur (the pig) is made out of paper plates.
Charlotte (the spider) is made from one of Brooklyn's baby food containers and some pipe cleaners.
Templeton (the rat) is made from felt.
And two of Charlotte's web messages "Some Pig" and "Terrific" were made out paper plates and some yarn.
She loves talking about this story and even likes to act out some of the scenes we've read about!
Such an imagination this one has!
***
She's also been extremely interested in learning sign language.
We tried to teach her when she was a baby, but she started talking so early that she never bothered with it. However, now, she wants to know what EVERYTHING is in sign language!
So we are starting to teach both girls some basic signs. The "I love you" one is Emma's favorite.
***
She is so curious about dinosaurs, STILL. So this week, we learned about the dinosaur food chain. I took some of Brooklyn's baby food containers and labeled 5 of them in this order:
PLANTS
ANTS
LIZARDS
VELOCIRAPTOR
T-REX
And here is a video of how it works:
I love when she pauses after velociraptor, because you can almost see those wheels in her head trying to remember and figure out if T-Rex is next or not.
***
PRACTICAL LIFE
This week's practical life lesson came from a chore that needed to be done. Our roses bloomed and had a bunch of dead buds. So we got out our pruning shears and learned how to Prune Roses.
She did great! I was holding my breath the entire time she used the very sharp scissors. But I had no need to worry, she was extremely calm, careful, and focused on the task at hand.
***
Continuing with our outdoor time, we invented a game called ABC hopscotch!
She would start at the front door and hop on each letter till she got to the driveway! So much fun!!! Even Brooklyn got a kick out of watching her hop back and forth.
***
SENSORY RUG
Speaking of Brooklyn. I made her a sensory rug using my scrap yarn and an old carpet leftover. This is very bright, colorful, and soft. I was afraid she was just going to destroy it, but just the opposite happened actually. This rug is so soft and comfy, it seems to act as a calming rug. Who knew???
MORE SENSORY PLAY
And since my yarn basket was out, she helped her self to a ball of yarn. She must be part cat or just following in her grandmothers' fascination with yarn. (She gets it on both sides of the family!) That ball of yarn is permanently a knot of yarn.
Reminds of the scene from Christmas Vacation where Clark hands Rusty the ball of lights and says, "Whoop, got a little knot here... you work on that."
BAHWHAHAHA - Oh I love that movie!
Yeah, that ball of yarn is probably never getting untangled. Oh well, did you see how much fun she was having with it? Totally worth it.
***
When she's not playing with my yarn she's pretty busy with any thing she can shove in her mouth...
Or at least smack herself in the face with.
Yep, got another tooth coming in. Working on #3.
Hope you all enjoyed our week at school.
Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave lots of comments! :)
Emma and I love reading them.
Please check out our sidebar, we are participating in the Walk to End Lupus and would appreciate any donation you could spare. I know times are tough and we are all very busy, but this charity is so near and dear to us. Please, if you haven't committed to a charity yet this year, I beg you to consider supporting us find a cure for lupus.
This LUPIE (me) would definitely be grateful.
♥







1 comment:
Ohhhh you are SUCH a good mommie. I hope you can continue to keep up with Emma. She is going to surpass all of us soon. My daughter's youngest learned sign language as a baby and when she started talking she would do both, sign and talk at the same time. She also learned a lot of Spanish from Dora and started to speak Spanglish. LOL
Post a Comment